Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Final Days

The day after graduation we had the kids last soccer game.  Preston scored three goals in a row. It sure pleased and stunned the crowd. It looked like he was running in slow motion each time. Claire was happy for him too, she let him have his moment. I was very proud of her. Coach Brown sure loved his players, I know Claire and Preston felt special. They were lucky to have both sets of grandparents there to cheer them on. David was sad to miss their game, but the main VCU graduation was required.

That evening we went to our cherished Maymont Park. It was magical as usual. We stayed until we were ushered out by a truck with an intercom. That's all it takes for me to hustle out of there. I always wondered how they got people out of the park at night.

Other Honorable Mentions:

Pie on the porch with our neighbors the Miles and Hutchisons.

Sadly we watched our other friends pack up and move out. I couldn't even keep track of who was leaving when, it was a blur and our goodbyes were so rushed.

Packing our Pod. We were confident and moving quickly in the beginning and then took a couple of days to rearrange everything to fit. It was ugly. We will see how everything ends up soon.

Our flight out was cancelled, we spent 5 or so lovely hours practicing there for the next day. The weather in Detroit was bad. I stood at the airline podium for 20 minutes while the attendant  looked tiressly for other flights out that day. She found one, but it didn't end up working. The kids and I were blessed to have their Nana there to help us. David picked us up and we headed back home. The Miles and Foxes provided us with air mattresses and blankets. I was a wreak, all our preperation and work without the progress, but we kept going. We took the first flight out the next morning. It went gloriously well. Even the 4 hour drive to Idaho was pleasant.

The Sedwick family took David and Preston in for a few days. I felt good knowing they had a nice place to stay and they were both so comfortable there.

Our friends and family sure carried us through this busy time. We felt so loved.





















2 comments:

  1. Ohh how I miss the Dalling Family! Tell Preston Good job on the goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you!! Whit asks to play with Preston and Claire all the time. I hope you are having a fun summer! Did you find a place to live?

    ReplyDelete