During his classes I got to run around DC with my good friend Rose (her husband Rich was in the course with David). Since my appetite ran my life (literally) during the first trimester, I did my research and with a lot of walking and subway rides we found some good eats. Our favorite was the Greek Cafe, the reviews said there was a long line for lunch. They were right, but the line went fast. The owner is known for his fast pace, and if you don't hurry up and order he'll pass you up!
We went to some places we didn't make it to before,
1. Library of Congress, the whole building was a work of art. It was cool to see the Gutenberg Bible.
2. National Cathedral, lovely neighborhood too.
3. Capital Building, I feel more American now.
4. National Portrait Gallery, interesting, very interesting. Joseph Smith made it in there, but his description was not written by a member. Still a good showing.
On Friday we headed down to Richmond on a train. Our great host Andrew picked us up and we had a fun reunion at his house. Katie made us feel at home with a sweet set up in their basement and lots of yummy meals. We also stopped by the Miles, our long lost neighbors.
Saturday we went out to eat with our under class men. We went to a yummy Indian restaurant. The server was very unusual. He didn't believe David had ordered something and proceeded to give us a review of everyone's order. They ordered this and that and you did not order this. Okay don't give us anymore food, we were quite full by then anyways. I thank him for a good laugh. We played games and had treats after dinner.
Sunday we had fun seeing everyone at church. It was weird to be a visitor, but I'll take it.
Monday I spent the afternoon catching up with my cousin Barb.
We had a girl's night at the Mile's house, and the guys got together at Hutchisons's house.
It was a pregnant girl's dream. Lots of sitting, talking, and food.
I was hoping to get away during the winter, but had no idea something so great would come up. We were excited to see the kids and my Mom pull up with signs they made taped to the car. Lots of squeals and hugs exchanged.
We had a girl's night at the Mile's house, and the guys got together at Hutchisons's house.
It was a pregnant girl's dream. Lots of sitting, talking, and food.
I was hoping to get away during the winter, but had no idea something so great would come up. We were excited to see the kids and my Mom pull up with signs they made taped to the car. Lots of squeals and hugs exchanged.
| David and his Army Crew |
| Library of Congress |
| Add caption |
| Thanks for the yummy gyros Costa> |
| Our tour of the Capital. |
| Hearts, so appropriate. |






I am glad we got to see you while you were here, even for a few minutes!
ReplyDelete