It's only natural that we used ice cream to reveal our baby's gender to the kids. Knowing that it was a girl we were excited for Claire to squeal with delight when she unveiled the pink ice cream. We should have known our slow eater would be surpassed by her brothers. Preston was quick to solve the mystery and said, "Dang it's a girl." What a turkey! Of course he was just playing around. He made it out to be a competition between the boys and the girls. Claire was very happy with the outcome and we are thrilled she will have a sister. Rhett didn't know what was going on, but found the whole affair amusing.
I felt like it was a girl the whole time, but I didn't believe the doctor at first. I didn't want to get my hopes up. David was surprised, he thought it was a boy. I could tell from his huge grin, that he was happy with the outcome anyways.

Yay for baby girls and sisters!! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOkay that was really creative! You guys are awesome parents! And YAY its a girl!! So exciting!! Miss ya!
ReplyDeletewhat a cute way to tell the kids! So cute! I might steal that! And yay for a girl! If she is half as sweet and beautiful as Claire you will be golden!!! Can't wait for her arrival!
ReplyDeleteHooray for making things even! Congrats- we're almost 1/2 way!
ReplyDeleteEmily, I'm so happy for you and Claire! Hooray for another girl!!! My due date is next week and I would be lying if I said I am not hoping for a girl... Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteHa! Oh Preston...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the baby girl!!!
Two and two... I love it. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that you guys are having another girl :) That will be so much fun!! Your kids are so darling and I just want to squeeze that little Rhett :) Good luck with the rest of pregnancy and take care :)
ReplyDeleteWait, do you like ice cream?! Congratulations! That's a cute way to tell your kids. I'm so excited you'll be evening things out.
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats! What a fun way to tell your kids.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! I love that reveal. I can't wait to see that baby girl when she comes out. She is going to be adorable!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! We love girl. Brynlee will have another little freind!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! I am so excited for you... a little girl will be so much fun! I love the way you did it with the ice cream too...You are so creative.
ReplyDeleteyea for you!!
ReplyDelete