I recently decided to focus my energy and funds on one are of my house at a time. Going from a town house to a house is a bit overwhelming to decorate on a budget. I finished my shades yesterday, now it is time to wash those windows again. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the streaks. I used windex and then I tried vinegar. Help? I was inspired to make roman shades from a blog post here,
http://nattybydesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/roman-shade-love.com
She made some herself for $60 each. Way too much for me since we are moving in less than 3 years and I am sure my windows won't be the same size again. I searched online and found shades at window outlet for $20 each, the ribbon was $2.50. I used no sew tape and got them done in a few hours. I still need to hang up the appropriate brackets for them. I have a chair to reupholster to put by the fireplace, but I heard it may be better to get it done by a professional.
The coffee table was a Goodwill find for $15. The paint supplies were costly because I made some errors. Primer and the hardware got me this time.
 |
| We lived like this until October, the kids loved running around while it was empty. |
 |
| I want to put a mirror over the mantle. The acorns are my Virginia treasure. |
 |
| I am planningto put a tall plant on the left side of the bookshelf and something on the wall. I wish I had another basket to balance the shelves, but I will try to find something taller to put by the bowl. |
 |
| My model showing off the $5 Amy Butler pillows I got at Ross. |
 |
| I need to shine up the brass platter I scored for 50 cents. |
All your bargain hunting paid off- it looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteYour living room is so cute Emily. I'm impressed that you made your own roman shades. Also, the lamps are adorable and add a really nice splash of color!
ReplyDeleteAs for the streaks on the windows I would give liquid fabric softener a try. I was trying to find a way to get the streaks off of our glass shower doors and the liquid fabric softener worked wonders!
It looks so great! I love it. So fresh and so bright. Nice work! And besides vinegar, I really have no suggestions. Windows with kids are only clean for a about an hour anyways, right?!
ReplyDeleteNice work! The coffee table looks great. I love seeing before and after pictures.
ReplyDeletein LOVE!!! seriously nice work!!! it looks soooo good! love the colors- where did you end up finding your rug? i love it! nice work!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Beautiful colors... clean and bright and happy. :)
ReplyDeleteAre you wiping the windows using newspaper instead of a cloth? That usually helps a bit.
I love it too! The colors are so nice &bright. I love how your table tuned out! Great job!!
ReplyDeletelove it! where did you get that rug? And also how do you get your acorns not to rot? my rotted. You have a knack for decorating...it looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteTh acorns need to be baked. I don't remember how long, but you can find info on a blog called Made. The rug is from Overstock.
ReplyDeleteEmily, it looks great. I like the colors you chose, and your model;) I don't know how I will ever decorate a home when i can't even do an apartment. Maybe I'll just have you do it. I have to laugh thinking about andrew's response to this post. First he said it looks really good, but then he asks, "where's their TV?" all the important things. We figured it's in another room. (I can't imagine having multiple rooms a TV could go in)
ReplyDeletecompletely impressed. Makes me want to redecorate!
ReplyDeleteWow! Awesome.. I love this room, I am inspired.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a cute style. The table looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteEmily,
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful talent for finding treasures and making them shine! Your front room looks fabulous!