I was more than thrilled when David agreed to run with me. He normally avoids running, but he wanted to support me. I love to run, I always have. I ran in junior high and high school. Since I've been married I have struggled to make time for it. After having the twins I felt too tired. David and I started going to the gym regularly and I really enjoy it. The most we ran in training was 5 miles. We were shocked that we completed it in under an hour. I will give the credit to the awesome bands and the great cheering crowd. They were so excited to pass out water for the runners. I really think that high school cross county teams should recruit bands to play at their meets. The hip hop band was our favorite. The costumes were very entertaining too. A group of running vikings broke out into a sword fight in the midst of their run. It was a little crazy seeing a man in black fishnets. We definitely would do this again if we were staying in Richmond.
We enjoyed catching up with our friends after the race.
David, Me, Katie, Doug, jackie, Richard, Justin, Cory, and Jenna
I'm very impressed! I can barely run 3 miles and I am supposed to run the ragnar in 6 weeks...ouch!
ReplyDelete