So I was very excited to spend some quality time with Preston. His intense love for computer games and the television have come between us. His days of coloring me pictures is over for the present.
Our county was putting on a mommy and son dance. Well he wasn't too excited to go. Thankfully I lulled him into it, "Preston, Teegan is coming." His reply "Oh he's coming,...okay."
When we got there he made me a paper flower. Then we went into the dance area. There were probably 10 people there at the most. Preston be-lined for the table and asked about the food. I tried to drag him away to dance, but we just went back to the table This is what the other kids did.
Then I said, "What do you want to talk about." Preston said,"Nothing" We were going nowhere.
Then it happened, they served Mac N Cheese and I became his hero. It was just what he had hoped for. It got better, blue gatorade and cookies. A couple of weeks later he was writing me a note about our date in the car. He yelled out, "How do you spell chicken nuggets and Mac and Cheese." I was on his mind, yes!
This is hilarious! I love your commentary. Skye is sitting next to me and said, "I miss them.":)
ReplyDeleteToo cute! Such sweet boys! It's crazy how fast they grow up huh. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteSo all it takes is blue gatorade and chicken nuggets to make a man happy? You have given me the secret to marital bliss!!
ReplyDelete