Thursday, April 22, 2010

D.C. trip for David's Birthday


After Arlington we went to Pei Wei for dinner. It was yummy as usual. Our carb eater Preston ate all of his noodles and left the meat for the end. Claire was the opposite. It makes us laugh. That Jack Sprat poem comes to mind, "between them both they licked the platter clean." David is already excited about taking his girl to the steak houses for their daddy daughter dates.

I booked our hotel through priceline. We got half off the usual price. It was called the Madison at Leows, apparantly President Madison and his wife stayed there a time or two. I was trying to impress David for his birthday. I like the nice furnishings, but I'm not sure I'm into the fancy service. Valet parking for 40 bucks! David found a meter across the street. It was fine for overnight parking, but he tossed and turned all night worrying about feeding the meter at 7am. They served pet food on their  room service menu. Cold ceral was a pricey 7 dollars(I brought oatmeal packets from home). Give me a clean room and I'm more than happy. I am hooked on house rentals for travel with children. More room and a kitchen. The kids did enjoy watching some television in their bed and David was happy.

The next day we went to the Natural History Museum. They are loving dinosaurs these days. They watch the show Dinosaur train, it's makes them really smart! I love to hear them say words like herbivore, it's really cute. The museum was a hit, lots of oohing and aahing going on.



Then we went to a Nationals Baseball game. The weather was perfect and they bumped us up to better seats.

Rhetts 1st Baseball game.

David brought cracker jacks for the kids. As they chowed down they stopped to clap with the crowd periodically. They stayed entertained the whole time.

The giant president heads running a race was the highlight of the game.


Until we see you again.

3 comments:

  1. You are one great wife! Look at all that you did. That is basically my dream trip to DC...well, minus that valet parking. Crazy! I love the museums and DC touristy stuff with a little baseball thrown in. Looks like so much fun. Oh, and happy birthday, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like an awesome day! i love Rhett wearing the baseball hat! You gusy are such a fun family- and look at you little miss pro blogger! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever stop? It seems like you guys are ALWAYS doing fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete