Tessa was 3 weeks old when Nana came to visit. It was perfect timing. David took a week off before she came and the day after she left school started for the kids. We appreciated her desire to take on some of my responsibilities and spend time with us. The first handful of pictures she took with her phone.
Some things we'll remember about her stay.
- Nana held Tessa whenever she could. Tessa was very comfortable in her arms.
- Visiting on the driveway while the kids played.
- Going to the zoo. It was beautiful weather the day before we went and I thought it might do me some good to get outside. Unfortunately the day turned out quite warm. The baby and I were a little warm on our not so secluded bench during feeding time! I am glad I could spend time with the older kids and Nana was there to help. She packed treats and bought lunch for us.
- Nana took the kids to the library a number of times. Preston would love to go there everyday if he could. It is so fun to see them reading on the couch, so absorbed in their books. They ask to listen to audio books during lunch or quiet time. Calmly I say okay, I guess we can do that, but inside I am squealing with delight. I guess it's really great to be able to say "yes" to them when you feel like you have to say no so often. Plus they don't know it is something that I wanted them to do to begin with. They are into the Magic Tree House series at the moment.
- Walks to the park. Purser Park was built after we moved here. It has a nice walking path. We love our family walks.
- Nana took the kids shopping and out to eat. Two things I don't normally do so that was a big treat for them.
- David made a smoker out of a barrel. He spent all day Saturday cooking us ribs. As Rhett put it they were delicious!
- The day she left the Bishop called me to be the Young Women's President. Here I thought she was here to hold the fort down until the kids would go to school and my days would slow down. Not even close! We are thankful for the time she did have with us though. She definitely helped me get closer to normalcy. Even though she doesn't consider it a sacrifice to be with us, we know she gave up a lot to be with us.

 |
|
 |
| Nana lifted this big guy into the swing, seriously kid. |
 |
| Nana doesn't know how to use electronics very well, but she found a way to get angry birds on her phone. She loves to put a smile on their faces, and will do whatever she can to do so. |
my question is who wrote "my big texas smoker" on the side...you or him? haha! So funny! And YW President? Holy Cow! The girls LOVE you i am sure! You are perfect for that!
ReplyDelete