Friday, July 06, 2012

Food Storage

 David and I got into a food storage frenzy for a few months. We purchased some water barrels and had the kids help us sanitize them out back. We filled them with some bleach water and rolled them to Daddy, who rinsed them out.  

 It was our first time visiting the LDS cannery and I was pretty nervous. We ended up making three trips to Austin and renting a canner. Since the oxygen packets have to be sealed in the can within a short time we moved quickly. David thought I was a little crazy running the cans to him in the garage, but I wanted our babies to be sealed properly. By the end we were exhausted and covered in powdered milk. We had so much fun together. We ended up putting them in my closet. David didn't want me to have to look at them in there, but I love the constant reminder.



No comments:

Post a Comment