Monday, January 02, 2012

Armed Forces Bowl

 I make a random post, which is only about once every couple years; but readers be aware this is not Emily :).  As a member of the active duty military we are given up to 4 free tickets to the Armed Forces Bowl, which delightfully enough is now committed to BYU due to their new Independent status.  So we decided to make a weekend out of it. I got off at noon on thursday and we drove up with some friends from our ward to fit in a temple trip. The kids had a great time with friends and Emily and I where able to do Sealings together which was great.  Thanks to the McKinlays for jumpin' on board short notice.  We then hit up the glorious Pei Wei Asian Diner for a great dinner and spent the night in a Marriott that we found super cheap.
We had pre-arranged to meet our good friends from VCU, Nate & Alyson Sharp who drove down from OKC to meet us.  It was great to see them. I got to say two things:
   #1- "Nate, buddy, we used to be bearded brothers...now you just gave me huge jealousy."
   #2- Nate rolls up in this....
DAAANNNNGGGGGG Brotha.....I knew Anesthesiology was money but 6 months out of school?!!! haha, ok, maybe 6 months into a residency doesn't but apparently the manger of Walgreens does because thats who was crusin' in the Lamborghini.


Couldn't have asked for a better day. 73 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and a Cougars W!!!!!

We then met up with the families for some time at White Rock park near downtown Dallas.

I think Preston and Trey had a pretty good day. Tons of treats, nachos, corndogs, lemonade, football, sword fights, wacking trees with sticks, fishing with sticks and, well, pretty much anything with a stick.





Thanks for making the long drive Sharps, it was great to see you.  We had a great time.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh I am so jealous...of both the Sharp's and the Dalling's for getting to see the other family. What a fun time...nice post David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I am a slacker and still haven't done mine. I might just steal this and stick it all on my blog. The first part cracked me up! It was great to see you guys. Next year?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em that is so funny! We were at the game, too that weekend! Surprised we didn't bump into you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em that is so funny! We were at the game, too that weekend! Surprised we didn't bump into you guys!

    ReplyDelete