Than having my honey walk through the door after work. The army fatigues are a bonus. I really feel like I have everything I've ever wanted. I love knowing he'll be home for dinner. We love not sharing him with his school books. He is so helpful and fun to be with.
For my birthday David surprised me with a box with a blue ribbon (my favorite color) around it. Inside was an itinerary for three days in San Antonio. He arranged for his Mom to schedule her trip to visit us around my birthday. He thought of every detail including a bike ride to all of the Spanish Missions. I've been dreaming of a bike ride together for sometime. He surprised me again with a night at the horse track. A date within a date. Our trip was delightful.
 |
| In front of our hotel. It was right next to the Riverwalk and everything else. |
 |
| This was the only picture we took at the Riverwalk. There was too much hand holding to do, seriously. |
 |
| I'm dramatizing our bike experience. If only I had a picture of him kicking the bike that didn't work. All of that frustration to make me happy. So sweet, it didn't even bother me that my rented bike ended up being a dud. |
 |
| The "Nacho Libre" in my man came out when he saw this. |
 |
| The Alamo of course. |
 |
| Romance and More Romance |
 |
| We had a lot of fun taking pictures together. I love when he asks for the camera because something caught his eye and he wants to capture it. |
 |
| So pretty, it was nice to get a green fix after being in Killeen for a couple of months. I'm hoping for more rain next year. |
 |
| He was anxious to get a view from the boxed seats. |
 |
| I couldn't believe they let us get this close to the track. I guess we weren't watching the Kentucky Derby, but still. |
 |
| The San Antonio Temple is gorgeous. I loved the bright blues and greens they used for the stained glass. David forgot his church shoes, but I only mention this in case you were worried about him! |
wow how nice! what a trip! You look beautiful as always my dear!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great get-away! Looks like you guys had a lovely, romantic time!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!! What a great husband. Seriously. San Antonio is so fun! I'm glad you guys got away together. So lucky!
ReplyDeletego david!!! seriously! what a fun trip and i can't believe he planned it all by himself- impressive...bike rides and all! you are a funny writer!:) glad you were too busy holdin hands to take pics:) miss you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time! We miss you all!
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to get your e-mail from you on Facebook and e-mail but I've had no luck!! If your want a card, send me your address:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet husband! It sounds like a perfect getaway...and happy birthday! I hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete