I opened my big mouth and told the kids we would see alligators on out trip. I don't know what the people were talking about on trip advisor, but they weren't as plentiful as they made it seem. Maybe there are more when the weather warms up. I was determined to please my children, so we went to a wild refuge searching high and low.

Claire is teasing Preston about alligators.

We finally found our alligator. I got the chills and freaked myself out. Claire couldn't see him of course because he was hidden so well. She wanted binoculars like the people we had seen on the trails. We tried to show her by zooming in with our camera, but she was bewildered. Luckily she spotted him and I felt like we deserved merit badges.

Claire looked so cute walking by herself, wrapped in her blanket, in her own little world.

This might have been my favorite memory of the trip, becuase I enjoyed my kids so much.
Wow..You are the blogging queen!! It was so fun to look through all of your new posts. What a fun vacation. It looks so beautiful there. I can't believe you saw that gigantic croc! They are such creepy creatures. I'm glad you had such a good time & were able to enjoy your alone time with your family.
ReplyDelete